Monday 28 April 2008

Danced my chance away...

I missed my flight....I not ready to believe that yet...I missed my ticket to a chance I had been planning on taking.
I planned my trip for months, only t miss my flight...I`ve missed so many opportunities in life...and this one is the worst yet...If I could do things differently I would...sleep at the airport a day before....catch a cab to the airport.....I would there was just no way I would have known that I`d miss it....
I don`t know if I`m ready to forgive myself...
I mean on that day I was sure I`d get there two hours before the flight took off, but when I got on the second train and saw that I had taken the slow train...I knew what was about to unfold.
The worst thing on top of it... the air company(Finnair) refused to give me another ticket or my money back claiming that it was a special ticket..there was no reclaiming,rescheduling it. Clearly saying...YOU MY DEAR MISSED YOUR OPPORTUNITY IN LIFE! AND WE WON`T HELP YOU!
I was pissed,frustrated.....but when you are African you never know if this is cause of you skincolour or not....those ladies at the CENTRAIR just looked at me and just didn`t want to try anything for me.
I had a chance to better my future and they just refused to help. So I guess next time I take an international flight...I`d have to think twice about which airline I travel with...and if they will give me any of my money back for my ticket.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can it get better? or can it get worse?...

we struggle with the antagonising, opposing, contrasting poles constantly in life...sometimes it's a wonder that we are still breathing...i mean between kicking ourselves and being kicked down, whether by happenstance or by someone, it can be hard to find the groove to the rhythm once again...

can't say i know how it feels, how you feel, whether i can imagine it or not...yet is it possible in the same vein to dance your way back to more chances or to shuffle your feet and move your body to a new melody...

can you get better or worse?...i wonder, the questions here do not necessarily warrant an answer, though it would be great if you could...they say the cause is the cure...wonder if that would apply here...

real sorry to hear about it...

Bonolo said...

damn....i thought i didnt have any comments...now i know where to look. wow...thanks. kicking ourselves and bigging ourselves up at the same time is human im afraid...