Thursday 18 June 2009

contact and sex

o.k...so we all know about dance. We know about contemporary dance, ballet etc. What a lot of people don´t know about is....Contact improvisation....C.I in short. C.I is a great way to move with limited rules. It began way back when people like steve paxton, Martha graham started moving away from ballet. An alternative type of style came through.
Nowadays people can go to contact jams...you don´t need to be a dancer. You do a basic warm up and start working.
I cannot describe the feeling I walked out the class with after taking the class at Tanzfabrik. GOD!.....contact has been described as the best fun you can have with you clothes on...and im starting to think...it´s like sex with your clothes...I mean really. You touch and move with your partner(who happens to be a stranger) in ways you would probably not move with your boyfriend/girlfriend/partner. Anyone can quote me on the last statement.

I will try get into more details on the class I took in future just for dancers out there trying to get free teaching notes.
Gotta go get some sleep cause we rehearse from 10am till 8pm tomorrow at the haus der kultuur der weld in town. Preparing this work is never easy cause there´s an invisible labour thing....when work doesn´t look like work....mara i´ll gambarimasu(hope I see the cute technician tomorrow,haven´t seen him in days).

No comments: