Tuesday 9 March 2010

Walking and staying...with it

     Mpho Molao and Bonolo Ratshid: Same but not different by Sello Pesa


I was walking to the taxi rank this afternoon...saw a monk who nodded a hello form his car. In that moment it was clear that I had been in the same place for some years. In my lifetime(this one) I have been a Lutheran, wiccan and buddhist(almost sort of). This has been a steady climb back to my roots and keeping up "my spirits" in a way.  Realising that I have not had an once of meditation in the last...oh,give or take....three years(except that one time in dance class) leads me to believe I have neglected my spirit in a lot of ways which is why maybe I cannot concentrate that well anymore or keep calm while under pressure. 

My head ended up in the clouds as usual. For some reason when I start thinking about how my spirit has or hasn`t progressed Or when I get into one of those spiritual moments...my day totally deviates into a spiritual-make-ure-life-better days. To make matters worse I was listening to that album that is stuck on repeat on my I-pod....thandiswa mazwai`s Ibokwe hasn`t made it my recently played music since it made it in about a month ago. I guess I agree with the messages. 
Another thing why she is on repeat is she is comfort. At the moment truly wonderful things are occuring in my life...I am not sure if I am appreciating them enough, cause I really do not have enough time for myself. For example I have been meeting too many enlightened souls(sons and daughters of the light....healers), people who under going their training....and my boo`s family is all up in that mix. I have love these peeps, I truly believe they are here to set the balance right and that we all must try pitch in where we can(cause the burden is heavy). 

I guess I am very scared on one side that I am chewing off more than I can chew....but on the other Goddess will not give you what you can`t handle. My peanut`s going away for some time...only Goddess knows and I am left here without partnership...and lots of work. I guess I need to do the work so that when peanut comes back I can afford to stand up on my own. 
I have too much work in terms of business and not enough time cause of school. 
The beading
The painting
the drawing
The sewing
The selling
The marketing
The books
The schoolwork
The clothing
The events
The activism
The projects
The Peanutt Buttah Jahms
The studio
The teaching

It is like before...before Japan. I had too much stuff going on in Jozi....cause I lacked focus and the know-how to turn that energy into cash. Now the cycle is trying to repeat itself even when I have put certain methods to counter act that. We will see if I can conquer this place of gold(metaphorically and literally) before I burn in its cauldron. 



1 comment:

Amir said...

Nice post Bonolo...
Keep grinding, because nothing is giving to you that you are incapable of handling. Don't forget there are people all over who wish to support you. Peace.