Friday 15 February 2008

the beginning of another path...


dancing for sanity adds a new meaning for dance.
Lately i feel i am dancing for sanity.
The lines between traditional dance, trances, therapeutic, dance art are starting to thin out...and experiences my spirit undergoes creates a tension between all the above and not to mention my body.

dance has become apart of my nervous system, the way i think, the way i structure my questions..I can`t begin to think of another way my body and mind can think at the same time.




Dance fortifies the mind, which is the body and thoughts coming together.The journey a dancer takes is different from other professions, especially if that dancer seeks light through dance. the longer you dance, the longer you understand your body, how you think and where you are in space(in relation to other people and beings).

It`s because of this reason I find my life unravelling at both ends at the same time. It seems like there is nowhere to move to but sometimes(like on stage) if you can`t move one part of your body...move the other. If you can`t move any parts of your body...move your thoughts...find other ways of moving.

Move your ear!
move your eyes!
move your self!

Your expression says a lot about what you are thinking about. I may not look like Im moving at that moment in my life but internally I am reaching a different space...so I have moved in a different way(your could even say i moved in a different dimension).

Trying to make sense of different things separately sometimes leads nowhere...one piece at a time...its all coming together. Dance as a healing technique...a way to center my Self...a way to educate....to create social change in Afrika and the world.


No comments: