Monday 11 February 2013

hakama frenzy!!!!

I will be greaduating soon...in the next two weeks actually. I still do not have a complete outfit for this thing. I am trying to wear the hakama that I bought in japan. It is a piece of vintage I found one day. It is heavily patterned or embroyderd so I am having a problem finding fabric for the hakamanaka(the inner) to match it.
I did think of a grey or light blue...which would be a little on the male side...then I am recently thinking of nepales buddhist colours which are navy, mustard and maroon. These colours I do not mind cause I like them. This is an example of a hakama...from Kyoko's blog. Mine has a lot of details though...



I am, as usual, hunting for the perfect fabric in jozi. I went to the Oriental plaza some weeks ago...thought I found something. Today I came from Fionas in Randburg...slim pickin's I'm afraid. I will be off to market street in jozi tomorrow just to look for the last time. I need to have the fabric sent to Mase(my seamstress and fashion guru) by mid week.
Things are looking a little less than great. But it will come...cause this time I would like to feel some pride at the graduation despite the racism at the college...yet again. That is why I didn't want to go to it last time...and this time is different cause I appreciate my life moment for moment...so actually I do not have a choice but to acknowledge the work and sweat that went into this. And how far I have come as a spirit. I will be thanking the universe for bringing me to this point in my life.

Can't wait!!!I will take pictures...won't promise to put them up...cause I don't do most things I promise on this blog.

No comments: