Monday 4 February 2013

anger and blossoms

Anger and change


I recently went to an interview for a teaching position...I was totally excited for about...oh....since i tried applying. Prior to my interview I exchanged a lot of emotional stuff...actually all from one side. This affected my interview...and more importantly the way I view people at this organisation. It is weird to think that I had always felt sidelined and ignored but couldn't put my finger on what the problem was.

I have been doing a lot of searching as to why people would be angry at a person to a point where insults are thrown in. I have recently been learning to control my emotions through meditation. So anger has become an almost foreign emotion. I think it is important to look at why you say things in the midst of an argument or disagreement.
For me it was totally traumatising and I have since tried to see what other alternatives there are to this organisation. I think I have also give power to certain people because they give me a certain service or entertainment. I need to seek a different approach and also question why I truly want to be with certain people.


A street of a thousand blossoms


I finished this book a week ago. It initially started slowly andbuilt its way to something. It is a cute book about two boys and their grandparents. The book looks at Japanese culture but starts out explaining some basic words in a western perspective...I may not agree with the explanations of most Japanese words in the beginning, but I guess if you have not idea about Japanese culture you might be ok with them.

It really took a long time to read this book and by the time I finished reading it..I liked it. I think I took the authors name into account when I took the book, thinking she is Japanese and would go deeper into issues but it was just a book written for those who have romantic feelings for Japanese culture.
This book opened my eyes to the fact that authors are just people and may not really know their subject when they write...some are just doing their jobs.










No comments: