Monday 25 June 2012

Thinking into silences


Went to the ashram with a friend today.  I felt like Elizabeth in Eat, pray, love.  Try as I did, today I could not find that place.  I started meditating before the Swami came…and I could not concentrate after the Swami said so.  The frustration of not being to concentrate is a real frustration. But I think I should listen to a wise friend…that I should just observe.

I really feel like I’m at crossroads in my life…this is the time I make a more informed decision about my life.  But if I do make a decision…I would need to commit.  Running my mouth about how I have learnt this and that, been here and there would need to stop.  I would literally need to shut up (mentally too)…that's some serious ninja-shogun-monk technique.  I need to be that ninja-shogun-monk who trains her mind to yield a sword of honour, discipline and concentrated focus that will guide her towards light and silence.


The latter I have fallen in love with recently.  I love waking up in the morning and keeping silent for about 30 minutes to an hour.  It is beautiful. And it’s even more beautiful when the first beings you speak to are flowers, trees and birds…that excite my being.
I wish I could take that feeling into every part of my life.  It may be easy to find happiness but keeping it is difficult.


No comments: